Department of Finance
Chihlee College of Business, the former name of this school, was established in Oct. 1965 as a junior college.
At that time, the department was entitled "The Department of Banking and Insurance,” which offered 5-year
and 2-year associate-bachelor’s degree.
The department was renamed “Department of Finance” in Aug. 1999, while the school was upgraded to
an institute.The department now offers 4-year bachelor’s degree, 2-year bachelor’s degree, and 5-year
associate-bachelor’sdegree. To date, the department has more than 1,500 students in both day and night
Distinguishing Features and Facilities
- Cultivate bankers, financial advisors, and insurance, bonds, and trust professionals.
- To equip students with the following skills:
- Wealth Management: the department plans to offer courses in financial markets, financial planning,financial marketing, e-commerce and other financial instruments in order to familiarize students with job contents such as financial specialists, securities sales, and insurance sales.
- Investment Practices: the department plans to offer courses in stocks/futures investment, internationaleconomic analysis, securities analysis, fixed income securities, and other related courses in order to provide students with the knowledge needed to worked as stock/future sales.
- Corporate Finance: the department plans to offer courses in financial management, international finance, business law, business taxation and other related courses in order to develop corporate financemanagement skills.
- Financial Information: the department plans to offer courses in financial software application, financial information systems, statistical analysis and other courses in order to combine professionalism and financial information skills, as well as to enhance professional efficiency.
Goals and Aims
To achieve the department’s goals and aims, the department focuses on:
- Professional knowledge
- Morality and responsibility
- Global perspective
- Out program strengthen professional knowledge while helping achieve critical industry requirements.
- Encourage academia-industry corporation projects that simultaneously enrich teaching content while raising teaching quality.
- Seek company internship opportunities and investors in Taiwan while promoting student exchange opportunities in order to develop global perspectives.
- Congratulations to Dr. Wang, Li-Hui’s promotion as associate professor.
- Congratulations to Dr. Liu, Fin-Mei’s promotion as professor.
- Congratulations to Dr. Liu, Tai kui who won the best group of the 20th SME Financial Advisor Training Program
- Congratulations to Dr. Chin-Hui Hsiao, Dr. Yuan-Hui Tsai, Dr. Yu-Chuan Chen, Dr. Shou-Sha Chou who won the distinguished teachers of CIT.
- Congratulations to Dr. Cha-Chi Wan who won the Best Instructor of ERP Association.
- Congratulations to the members of basketball team, volleyball team and badminton team,who won the first place of The Whole Finance Cup in 2015.
- Congratulations to Chia-Jun Shun who won the first place in Presentation Competition of Shanghai Business Internship in 2014.
- Congratulations to Li-Chin Tseng who were award the Honor of TVE by the Ministry of Education in 2014.
- Congratulations to our students who won first place of Financial Creative Marketing Contest in 2 consecutive years (2013~ 2014).
- Congratulations to our students who won the Best Team of Wealth Management Project Competition in 2014.
- Congratulations to the members of basketball team, volleyball team and badminton team, who won the first place of The North Finance Cup in 2014.
- Congratulations to our students who won the Best Team of Future Elite Leadership Awards in 2014.
- Congratulations to our students who won the Best Team of Innovation and Patent Competition in 2014.
Special Achievements Accomplished in Recent Years
Academia-Industry Corporation /MOU - Jih Sun Financial Holding Co.
The students of the department were awarded the second place in Financial
Planning Certificate Competition in 2013.
The department were awarded The Best Team of ASDC ERP Certificate
Competition in 2011~2014.
The students of the department were awarded the first place of Financial Creative
Marketing Contest in 2 consecutive years (2013~ 2014).
Dah Chong Securities Co., Ltd. donated the International Finance Research
Center and SRI Research Center in Nov. 2014.
Website : https://fd100.chihlee.edu.tw
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
TEL : 886+2+2257-6167 ext 1237, 1337
Fax : 886+2+2253-7240