Department of Finance
The department currently offers a four-year bachelor's degree, a two-year degree, and a five-year associate degree. So far, there are 1,500 students in both the day and night programs.
Distinguishing Features and Facilities
- Chihlee University of Technology, the first university of its type, to be the recognized university of the United States CFA course certification.
- Chihlee University of Technology is recognized by the Taiwan Financial Consultants Certification Association (FPAT) as a CFP professional education and training organization.
In response to the development of Fintech, the Department offers a cross-field "Fintech credit course", and cooperate with a number of financial holding companies to cultivate cross-field financial information talents.
- Established four Fintech labs, 1.Intelligent Innovation Application Lab. 2.Big Data & Financial Supervision Lab. 3.Dr. Jia-Lu Wu InsurTech Research Center – Financial Services Digital Marketing Lab. 4. HNW Customer Service Center. Both internal and external resources will be integrated to cultivate talents with excellent financial skills.
- From year 107-110, College of Business Management awarded NT30 million subsidy from the Ministry of Education for the Project of Optimized Financial Technology and Cloud Practice.
- Wealth Management: the department plans to offer courses in financial markets, financial planning,financial marketing, e-commerce and other financial instruments in order to familiarize students with job contents such as financial specialists, securities sales, and insurance sales.
- Investment Practices: the department plans to offer courses in stocks/futures investment, internationaleconomic analysis, securities analysis, fixed income securities, and other related courses in order to provide students with the knowledge needed to worked as stock/future sales.
- Corporate Finance: the department plans to offer courses in financial management, international finance, business law, business taxation and other related courses in order to develop corporate financemanagement skills.
- Financial Information: the department plans to offer courses in financial software application, financial information systems, statistical analysis and other courses in order to combine professionalism and financial information skills, as well as to enhance professional efficiency.
Goals and Aims
In response to the changing trends of the financial service industry and the needs of the country’s economic and industrial development, the department trains students to become the middle high level financial investment and accounting talents, with special emphasis on financial industry practice, and assists in nurturing students become a cross-field Fintech talent
According to the cultivation goal, the Department offers various education directions as follows:
- So as to provide students with seamlessly integration into employment and workplace, the Department designs the employment-oriented professional courses in line with the development of Fintech and provide industry internship opportunities.
By concentrating the development of industrial technology and improving the practical teaching to enhance students' Fintech ability.
- By continuing strengthen the software and hardware teaching resources to create a digital cloud-based financial technology education environment.
- With the aim of strengthening faculties' practical ability and students' employment competitiveness, the Department is integrating industry-university resources and establishing industry-academic cooperation.
- With the aim of building the All-Around Education, the Department strengthen the cultivation of soft power learning such as moral ethics through volunteer service, character education, service learning courses and club activities.
In order to meet the needs of the employment market, three professional modules are designed as followed:
- Congratulations to Dr. Wang, Li-Hui’s promotion as associate professor.
- Congratulations to Dr. Liu, Fin-Mei’s promotion as professor.
- Congratulations to Dr. Liu, Tai kui who won the best group of the 20th SME Financial Advisor Training Program
- Congratulations to Dr. Chin-Hui Hsiao, Dr. Yuan-Hui Tsai, Dr. Yu-Chuan Chen, Dr. Shou-Sha Chou who won the distinguished teachers of CIT.
- Congratulations to Dr. Cha-Chi Wan who won the Best Instructor of ERP Association.
Congratulations! Students from the Department of Finance awarded the First and Second of the “2020 Nationwide Campus Securities Investment Wisdom King Competition”.
- Congratulations! Students from the Department of Finance awarded the Second place, Special Excellent Award and the Honorable Mention Awards for the “2020 Nationwide Colleges and Universities Financial Planning Competition” -north district.
Congratulations! Students from the Department of Finance awarded the First and Second place for the “8th Insurance Policy Consultation and Planning Competition”.
- Congratulations! Students from the Department of Finance awarded the First and Third place for the “15th Nationwide Insurance Education Conference”.
- Congratulations! Students from the Department of Finance awarded the Third place for the “8th Nationwide University and Colleges Financial Planning Competition 2019” – north district.
- Congratulations! Student Song from the Department of Finance awarded the Second place for the “Entrepreneurship Creativity Competition” by the Ministry of the Economic Affair.
- Congratulations! Student Wang from the Department of Finance awarded the “15th Outstanding Technical and Vocational Education Award” by the Ministry of Education.
Congratulations! Students from the Department of Finance awarded the Second place for the “9th Cross-Strait College Students’ Computer Application Ability and Professional English and Core Industrial Skills Competence Competition” – North District.
- Congratulations! Students from the Department of Finance achieved the “CFA Level I”.
Congratulations! Students from the Department of Finance achieved “AFP Certification”.
Congratulations! Students from the Department of Finance awarded the Second place with the Prize of RMB20,000 for the “Win at Nanjing-Young College Students Entrepreneurship Competition Internet + Technology Entrepreneurship Competition”.
Congratulations! Students from the Department of Finance awarded the Second place for the “2018 International Trade and Business Research Competition for Cross-Strait College Students”.
Congratulations! Students from the Department of Finance awarded the Second place for the first “2018 College Students Financial Planning Competition”.
Chihlee University of Technology is granted the right to use the latest version of ACL computer auditing software with a market value of more than NT30 million, and establish a training base for legal compliance technology talents.
Chihlee University of Technology establishes Dr. Jia-Lu Wu Insurtech Research Center to adapt to Fintech education –News from China Times
Chihlee University of Technology cooperates with Taiwan Futures Exchange to promotekKnowledge of Futures and Option- News from Economic Daily News
Chihlee University of Technology is granted the right to use the latest version of Insurance financial planning software with a market value of more than NT30 million – News from Commercial Times
Chihlee University of Technology 創新實務雲端實作 Achievement Exhibition opens today-News from Economic Daily News
Website : https://fd100.chihlee.edu.tw
Email : email@example.com
TEL : 886+2+2257-6167 ext 1237, 1337
Fax : 886+2+2253-7240